Maple pecan oaty flapjack bites
- 200g butter or vegan alternative
- 100g coconut sugar
- 150g Maple or agave syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 300g Just Live a Little Maple & Toasted Pecan Granola
- 20g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp shelled pecans, toasted in a dry pan and chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C fan. Put the butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon in a large pan with a pinch of salt and stir until melted. Add the granola and stir well with a wooden spoon. Spoon the mixture into the lined cake tin, level the top, pressing down slightly, and then bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack. Score into 16 squares, then leave to cool completely in the tin.
- For the topping, put the chocolate and maple syrup in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water) Heat until just melted, then stir and drizzle over the flapjacks. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, then cut into squares to serve.